Hannah’s first book of poetry, LOVE DREAM WITH TELEVISION, came out in September 2018 from Noemi Press. An anthology of contemporary sports literature, Bodies Built for Game, for which Hannah was the associate editor alongside Natalie Diaz, is now out from University of Nebraska Press. She writes and publishes poems (e.g. Denver Quarterly, JUPITER 88, Bat City Review, PEN Poetry Series), reviews & essays (e.g. Prairie Schooner, University of Michigan Press, The Volta), and collaborative writings (e.g. Split Lip, dancing girl press).
LOVE DREAM WITH TELEVISION
If you’re interested in a review copy, and/or with a class visit (Skype or in-person), let me know!
- “Feel Piece 4,” co-written with Laura Wetherington, published as the Academy of American Poets’ “Poem-a-Day” on January 11, 2019
- 5 poems at PEN America, part of the PEN Poetry Series, selected by TC Tolbert
- 3 poems, written with Laura Wetherington and Jill Darling, at Split Lip (January 2014)
- 3 poems at Apartment Poetry (September 2013)
- 3 poems at The Feminist Wire (July 10, 2013)
- “Something Not Nothing” for JUPITER 88 (June 2013)
- “A Memory” and “Spectaculars” at Evening Will Come for Trans/Queer Issue (December 2012)
- “Grand Canyon Death Options” at Spork Press (Dec 17, 2012)
- “Pelvis First Through Any Unfamiliar Door,” written with Audra Puchalski, at Network Awesome (Jan 2, 2012)
- “Spectacular 03: Super Bowl XLVI” in Crab Orchard Review (2015)
- “A humble see” in Denver Quarterly Review (2015)
- at the intersection of 3, a collaborative chapbook with Laura Wetherington and Jill Darling from Dancing Girl Press (2014)
- “I Cannot Be Consoled” in Bat City Review issue 8 (2012)
- “Something Not Nothing” in CutBank 76 (2012)
- “Hannah Ensor on Denise Levertov’s ‘On the Function of the Line’ (1979)” on Essay Daily (Dec 14, 2018)
- “What we enact, replicate, and empower / the work that is there” for UA Poetry Center (Dec 6, 2017)
- “On Joan Osborne’s ‘One of Us'” for March Fadness (March 1, 2017)
- “A look back at our Climate Change + Poetry Series” for UA Poetry Center (March 30, 2017)
- “Breakroom Chats: Plainwater by Anne Carson” for UA Poetry Center (2015)
- “Why I Write When I Travel” for JOURNEYS International (2014)
- Review: WE ARE HERE, by Kristen Gallagher at The Volta (Friday Feature) and reposted at the Poetry Foundation (January 11, 2013)
- Poetics Statement for Trans/Queer Issue of Evening Will Come (December 2012)
- Review: The Arcadia Project, eds. Joshua Corey and G. C. Waldrep at CutBank Online (Dec 29, 2012)
- “Hannah Ensor on Eric LeMay’s ‘LOSING THE LOTTERY'” on Essay Daily (Dec 10, 2012)
- “Mudita World Peace” in Prairie Schooner (Winter 2015)
- “Antagonistic Collaborations, Tender Questions: on Anne Carson’s Answer Scars / Roni Horn’s Wonderwater” in Anne Carson: Ecstatic Lyre, ed. Wilkinson (Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 2015)
other collaborative work
- Amanda Beekhuizen and I made this. Also this.
- Noah Saterstrom did this on his Work-a-Day, and I wrote a poem to it. He put it next to another Neil Armstrong, and here that is.